Whiplash injuries are most commonly associated with car accidents; however, they can occur in sports injuries and falls as well. In a whiplash injury, there is most commonly a quick hyper-extension (backwards) of the cervical spine, followed by hyper-flexion (forwards) of the cervical spine. There can also be whiplash injuries that occur when the head moves side-to-side. It is important to note that whiplash injuries can occur following traumas at high speeds, as well as low speeds.
Common symptoms following a whiplash injury are neck pain, stiffness, decreased range of motion, pain spreading to the shoulders and arms, and headaches.
The Chiropractors at Mountainview Chiropractic Center will assess the severity of the whiplash injury and provide the patient with the appropriate treatment protocol.
The practitioners treat whiplash injuries by :
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore normal motion in the injured area
- Myofascial release to reduce adhesions in the affected soft tissue areas
- Postural advice to reduce postural stressors
- Stretching to help mobilize the affected areas
- Exercises to provide stability to the injured areas
We have a history of treating whiplash injuries very effectively!
We would love to help you recover from your whiplash injury!