Tension headaches are the most common form of headaches and they usually begin when abnormal stress is put on the muscles that support the cervical spine. When these muscles are under this stress, they begin to feel tight and tender, and will commonly lead to a “headband- like” tightness around the head. Tension headaches are commonly brought on by poor posture, stress, and muscle tension. These types of headaches are not usually associated with nausea or vomiting.
Common symptoms of tension headaches are dull, achy neck pain and/or shoulder pain, and tightness in a headband-like distribution around the head.
The Chiropractors at Mountainview Chiropractic Center will assess the areas that could be contributing to the tension headache in order to provide the appropriate treatment protocol to the patient.
The practitioners treat tension headaches by:
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore normal joint motion
- Myofascial release to reduce tension on affected tissues
- Posture assessment and advice to reduce postural stress
- Discussing different stress relieving methods
- Ergonomic evaluation to discuss how that could be contributing
We have a history of treating patients with tension headaches very effectively!
We would love to help you reduce your tension headache frequency and intensity!