Sciatica is general name given to pain that begins in the lower back and travels down the leg. There are different reasons why someone could be suffering from sciatic nerve pain, with the most common being a disc herniation in the lower back, arthritis in the lower back, and piriformis syndrome. The location of the pain, the amount of the pain, as well as the additional symptoms can vary depending on the location and severity of the injury.
Common symptoms of sciatica are pain in the lower back traveling down the leg, weakness in the leg, and loss of sensation in the leg.
The Chiropractors at Mountainview Chiropractic Center will assess the lower back as well as the surrounding structures to determine the appropriate treatment protocol for the patient.
The practitioners treat sciatica by:
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore normal joint motion
- Myofascial release to release adhesions in damaged tissue
- Movement based evaluation to find a directional preference
- Rehabilitation exercises to provide stability to the lower back
- Postural assessment to limit the amount of these stressors
- Nutritional advice to discuss the importance of eating a low inflammatory diet
We have a history of treating patients with sciatica pain very effectively!
We would love to help you reduce your sciatica pain!