Migraine headaches can cause severe and debilitating pain, usually on one side of the head. The cause of a migraine is still not fully understood; however, there are both genetic and environmental factors that contribute to getting migraine headaches. Also, there are many triggers that can cause the onset of migraines, including certain foods, stress, and alcohol.
Common symptoms of migraine headaches are severe throbbing pain usually on one side of the head, visual disturbances (such as an aura), sensitivity to light and/or sound, nausea, and vomiting.
The Chiropractors at Mountainview Chiropractic Center will assess the areas that could be contributing to the migraine headache in order to provide the appropriate treatment protocol to the patient.
The practitioners treat migraine headaches by:
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore normal joint motion
- Myofascial release to reduce tension on affected tissues
- Posture assessment and advice to reduce postural stress
- Discussing different stress relieving methods
- Ergonomic evaluation to discuss how that could be contributing
We have a history of treating patients with migraine headaches very effectively!
We would love to help you reduce your migraine headache frequency and intensity!