Arthritis simply refers to the inflammation of a joint. There are many different types of arthritis that can occur in the body, but most commonly is osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis, or degenerative joint disease (DJD), is when arthritis occurs within a joint because of abnormal wear and tear. When DJD occurs in the back, it is usually due to the breakdown of the cartilage between healthy joints, which then causes a change in the normal movement at that joint.
Symptoms of arthritis usually begin with dull, achy pain when someone moves their back and can progress to decreased range of motion, more significant back pain, and radiating pain down the back and into the legs.
The Chiropractors at Mountainview Chiropractic Center will assess the severity of the arthritis and provide the patient with the appropriate treatment protocol.
The practitioners treat patients with arthritis by:
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore healthy joint motion
- Myofascial release to the affected soft tissue to reduce adhesions
- Exercises to provide mobility and stability to the affected areas
- Reinforcing proper posture to reduce postural stressors
- Inform the patient about the importance of a low-inflammatory diet to allow the body to heal to the best of its ability.
We have a history of treating patients with arthritis very effectively!
We would love to help you reduce your arthritis pain!