Manipulation of the spine is the main technique in today's chiropractic adjustment, or treatment. While some chiropractors adhere strictly to the use of only spinal manipulation in their adjustment, others include a broad range of methods directed at correcting the subluxation and/or just relieving musculoskeletal pain.
Some chiropractors specialize in treating specific musculoskeletal problems or sports injuries, or they may combine chiropractic of the spine with manipulation of the extremities, physiotherapy, nutrition, or exercises to increase spinal strength or improve overall health. Some also use other complementary and alternative methods as a part of a holistic treatment approach. However, chiropractors do not prescribe drugs; they believe this to be the province of conventional medicine, and that their role is to pursue drug-free alternative treatments.
CHIROPRACTIC METHODS AND TECHNIQUES USED IN OUR OFFICE
GONSTEAD SYSTEM OF CHIROPRACTIC
- This technique is extremely effective.
- This system of care and treatment is for the whole body.
- Spinal care (Neck and mid to upper back)
- Lower back and pelvis
- Extremity care (Hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, feet, ankles, knees, hips)
- TMJ (Temporal Mandibular Joint care and treatment)
- The adjustments are very specific.
- This treatment is direct and to the point.
- This treatment is gentle when it needs to be gentle, and more aggressive when it needs to be more aggressive. The Graston Technique is an advanced form of soft tissue mobilization. This technique is used to detect and release scar tissue, adhesions, and restrictions throughout the muscular system.
The Graston Technique is an advanced form of soft tissue mobilization. This technique is used to detect and release scar tissue, adhesions, and restrictions throughout the muscular system.
ACTIVE / MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
- This is a very effective method of soft tissue release.
- The patient will engage or contract the involved musculature in a dynamic posture or position while the treatment is provided. An example of this would be a runner that stands with their weight on one leg, or a swimmer that will lay down with one arm up and over the head, in the exact position where the pain or tightness is noted while swimming.
EXTREMITY CARE AND TREATMENT
- We provide specific adjustment to the involved joints.
- We provide soft tissue care to the muscles, tendons and the involved fascia.
- This type of care and treatment releases the restriction and tightness, which often causes pain in the extremities.
- This is where our office differs from many others. We will spend time sharing information that will allow you to take an active role in your health care.
- This is known as self care, or active care.
- We will teach you or help you establish:
- Good eating habits
- Proper bending and lifting techniques
- Good posture
- A good strength exercise program
- A good stretching program
WHEN OUR PATIENTS PARTICIPATE IN, OR TAKE AN ACTIVE ROLE IN THEIR HEALTH CARE......THEY DO NOT NEED AS MUCH CARE OR TREATMENT IN OUR OFFICE.